Access Statement for Hotel Penzance & Bay Restaurant
Hotel Penzance and the Bay Restaurant are on a steep hill with beautiful views of Penzance Harbour over the Penzance skyline. We have 25 rooms offering double, twin and single rooms. We aim to provide the highest standards of service to all our guests and encourage this through our culture and staff training. We look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Penzance and making your stay and enjoyable one. We offer the following services and facilities:
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 01736 363117
- The centre of the town, train & bus station is a 10 minute walk to the hotel, parts of which are very steep
- A taxi rank service is available from the Train Station to the hotel (accessible taxis may be pre-booked on 01736 366366)
- Our website has been developed to accessible guidelines
- Our menus and tariffs are available in larger font on request.
- You can contact the hotel by ‘phone, email, fax or in person between 07.30 and 22.00 daily.
- We have a list of local equipment hirers that is available on request
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- All guests should use the main entrance of the hotel located on Britons Hill. From here there are no steps and the ground is asphalt
- The main entrance has an automatic opening door.
- There is a disabled drop off point located directly outside the main entrance, this is for dropping off and picking up only, cars must not be left unattended.
- There are 13 car park spaces, located in close proximity to the hotel doorway.
- You can access the car park and use the entrance to the hotel from the car park which has level entry to the reception and all public areas
- The hotel accommodation is arranged on 3 floors
- The hotel does not have a lift.
- There are 2 ground floor bedrooms
- The lobby is located on the ground floor.
- Our team of Guest Hosts are on duty between 07.30 and 22.00 hours, to provide assistance with luggage, equipment and any other guest support including water provided for dogs
Main Entrance and Reception
- There are no steps in the main lobby area.
- You arrive from the car park and the front desk is immediately to your left.
- The Guest Host is located at the main reception desk.
- There are a number of sitting areas in reception/lobby.
- The reception desk is 110cm high. Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area and we have clipboards available.
- On check in the staff will brief you of our evacuation policy. Kindly ensure you position the disabled guest swing label on the outside of your bedroom door each evening to assist emergency evacuation personnel.
- The registration card can be enlarged if required, and completed on your behalf
- The Bay Restaurant and bar are located down the main ground floor corridor to the right of reception There are no steps or slopes on route or at the entrance to the bar or restaurant.
- Music in public areas may be turned down on request
- Familiarisation tours are given on arrival
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors, Bay Restaurant and Bar
- The public areas are all accessed via a wide ground floor corridor
- The Hotel has short pile fitted carpet with a well defined border and overhead lighting.The first and second floors are accessed via stairways of 16 steps
- The Bay Restaurant has a flat polished wooden floor
- The public toilets have non-slip vinyl flooring
- There is one set of public toilets, in the Bay Restaurant
- There are 2 wide shallow steps to the toilets with grab rails
- The toilets have:
- non slip laminate floor
- lever taps on sinks
- colour contrast with critical surfaces, tiles are coloured and sanitary ware is white.
- Nearest toilets to the Restaurant and bar are to the right of the bar counter details can be seen in the public areas WC section.
- The Bay Restaurant has level access and is open plan with wooden, even flooring.
- It has tables with central column and those with legs on all four corners of varying heights.
- Seating is mixed some with arms and some without. Some of the seating is low couches and some upright chairs.
- Table service is offered
- Lighting is mainly natural day light as there are large windows overlooking the garden and harbour. Evenly distributed lights are on when required.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking
- We have tried to colour contrast crockery where possible.
- There is a bar situated in the Bay Restaurant
- There is a host desk on entry to the restaurant where staff will seat you at a table
- The restaurant is table service only Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal.
- Lighting is mainly natural day light whilst for the evening meal lighting is low level with candles on the table. Lighting can be increased at certain tables if required.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking
- Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered. Bags are available in bedrooms and are collected by 9am each day and returned by 5pm (no dry cleaning on Sundays). Bags are collected from bedrooms.
- There is available, in main reception corridor, a display case which contain items for sale. These can be purchased through Reception There are toiletries as well as gifts and souvenirs.
Leisure Outdoor Facilities
- There is an outdoor heated swimming pool, available for guests staying at the hotel 8am until 8pm.
- There is no level or ramped access to the poolside
- There are 6 steps to reach the pool side
- The pool access is via graduated steps into the shallow end of the pool.
- There is level access from the car park to the gardens at the front of the hotel
- We have 2 seminar meeting rooms on the ground floor which are accessed via the front hotel entrance.
- Both rooms are reached through double doors
- One room is level access, one room has one step
- Lighting is even but can be dimmed by individual conference organisers by sections.
- Please notify conference organisers in advance if any additional services are required for conferences e.g. interpreters, specific seating or staging, we do try to accommodate everyone’s needs where possible.
- There are toilets available to the same specification as the public toilets listed above.
There are 2 ground floor level access bedrooms the facilities include:
- Wide entry doors
- Level entry showers
- Grab rails around shower (horizontal)
- Transfer space and turning of at least 120cm either side of beds Twin or double bed combinations available
- Emergency procedures clearly written and in large print
- Television with Teletext and remote control
- Flooring in bedrooms is short pile carpet
- Flooring in bathroom is non slip laminate
- Room folders available in large print
- Lighting levels are controllable and reading lamps are provided
- Room service is 14 hours
- Bedding is all non-feather
- Bowls can be provided for assistance dogs food and water
- Non-smoking rooms
- The furniture is flexible in the room and items can be moved or removed on request.
- If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception or Guest Host. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception.
- We have a member of staff who can use BSL
- We have a set evacuation procedure for basic information – Alarm bells are a continuous alarm. Someone will come to your room and assist with evacuation out of the building.
- All front house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness training
- All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
- There is good network coverage for mobile phones within the hotel bedrooms. All networks work.
Address: Hotel Penzance Britons Hill Penzance TR18 3AE Telephone: 01736 363117 Fax: 01736 350970 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.hotelpenzance.com Grid reference: SW4754030890 Hours of operation: Reception open 07.30 to 22.30 Emergency number: 01736 363117
List of equipment hire companies
HSC Mobility Hire range includes wheelchairs, walking aids, micro scooters, hoisting equipment and beds. Unit 1c, Guildford Road Ind Estate, Hayle TR27 4QZ Tel: 01736 755927 or visit www.hsc-mobility.co.uk Mobility Centre Registered charity aiming to provide advice and support for disabled residents and visitors to Cornwall. Does not hire, but repairs equipment. Tehidy House, RCH, Treliske, Truro TR1 3LJ Tel: 01872 254920 or visit www.cornwallmobilitycentre.co.uk Local public transport numbers: Travel line 0871 200 2233 Passenger Transport Unit Cornwall Council, County Hall, Truro TR1 3AY Email: email@example.com Tel: 0300 1234 222 Local accessible taxi number: 01736 333666 Contact Telephone and Email Address We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01736363117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org