August Bank Holiday Monday in Newlyn will be thriving again this year with locals and visitors attending this year’s Fish Festival.
Britain’s premier fishing port will have the biggest selection of seafood available in the far west peninsula.
The Fish Festival is a fantastic event which raises money for the Royal National Mission to Deep Sea Fisherman.
There will be lots going on for fish fans and will include something for everyone.
Apart from one of the biggest displays of fish, there is also:
• Rolling programmes of cookery demos by top local chefs
• Cornish Fishmonger of the Year competition.
• Three music stages
• A display of boats including loggers, gigs, fishing boats, lifeboats and jet skis
• A DVD show,
• Lots of arts and crafts
• The Fish Tales Tent with some of the best local story-tellers
• Lots of fun for kids with bouncy castles, face-painting, crazy theatre and the ever-popular Fishy Trail.
There are plenty of temporary car parks in and around Newlyn. You will also find signs to the Newlyn Fish Festival.
Doors open at 09:00 and close at 17:00. Admission is £5 and under 16s are allowed free admission.
If you are staying in the Hotel Penzance you can catch a bus to the fish festival from the bus station which is literally a five-minute walk from the hotel.
Enjoy your Bank Holiday from us all at the Hotel Penzance.